Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, March 17, 2008

Pork Vindaloo with Raita

While the nation's financial institutions may be doing a good impression of a sand castle with the tide coming in, at least we have food (um, for now).

It is a very rare thing for me to taste something I've made and say, "Wow, that's good!" This recipe elicited that reaction. Most Cooking Light recipes tone the spices down too far for my taste, but this one is blissfully hot as written. I cheated on the raita and didn't drain the yogurt; I think it would have been better if I had. Next time I make this I want to try to thicken up the sauce a bit.

My plan to make naan was unfortunately derailed. Leaky diapers and J's decision to compete for the Middleweight Spitup Champion title necessitated that he receive a bath, pronto. Maybe next time....

No comments: