I made a few notes on things I can do to bulk out Furies into a proper novel, should I decide to do so. It can sit for a while without undue harm. I have mainly been working on the early pages of the third book of Empire, which still doesn't have a title of its own. This by way of procrastination, as I am supposed to spend December working on the first chapter of the first book, sitting down like a grown up with all of my critiques and making it better, but for the moment am indulging the whiny little inner voice that says "don't wanna!"
Tomorrow it will be December. The day after that, my request for dedicated readers goes live. I will try not to whine this time!
On the topic of our goals. After a great couple of months, November saw significant slippage.
- House: Sick of the whole thing. They suggested one listing early on and we didn't even go look. Very few listings this month anyway. F
- Clutter: No progress. F
- Financial: Recovering from last month's extravagance, plus Thanksgiving - half goal. C
- Food: Lots of cooking going on, at least. A
- Writing: Won NaNoWriMo--50,000 words in 20 days. Got crits on my first chapter, founds lots of structural problems, did not abandon in despair (yet). Left the local writing group, as they're just too far from the sort of stuff I want to do. A
- Reading: Halfway through both Matter and Green Rider, and unexpectedly found myself rereading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, a fine little book. A