Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Long Day

7-11:00 Breakfast at my desk, email, staring glumly at documents and trying to have some intelligent thoughts on the Big Project.

11:00 Scrum! (More on this to come, no doubt.) I get to say that my progress is blocked because the build is broken.

11:05 One-on-one with my boss.

12: Weekly project meeting.

1:00 Meet with a developer to review his feedback on a book.

2:00 Grab some yogurt during impromptu meeting with another writer to discuss some projects we're both on.

3:00 Spend an hour watching IT guys being baffled by the font problem on my laptop (Type 1 fonts no longer work, we don't know why).

4-5:30 Drive home. Stop at grocery store to pick up things for dinner.

Rest of day: Stagger through door, unload groceries, breast pump, and laptop, hug daughter, start dinner, nurse baby, eat, watch Bernard Bear videos on Youtube with daughter, play with baby, get daughter ready for bed, nurse baby, go to sleep.

Today I'm working from home. Thank goodness.

No comments: