Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ginger Beef

I suppose I ought to start taking pictures of these things if I'm going to review them. Ginger Beef is an old favorite, another dependable member of my weeknight stable. It can be made in just about the same time it takes the rice to cook, the ingredients are ones we always have around, and the flavor more than pays you back for the minimal effort involved.

Once again, the recipe wants you to use boil-in-bag rice. And jarred garlic. And jarred ginger. The magazine has a large audience of novices, I know (I was one of them, quite a long time ago now), but are people that put off by a whole head of garlic, a finger of ginger? This is the sort of thing that makes readers wonder about the advertisers' influence.

No comments: