Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, March 21, 2008

It's spring!

Or at least, the beginning of spring. The problem with the solar calendar at is that what we think of as the behavior proper to the season really doesn't get here until about the middle of it, at least at our latitude. This is what makes people move to California, I swear; not the depths of winter but its lingering end, like a game of Monopoly everyone has gotten bored with but no one will quit.

Still, it's an encouragingly sunny morning after days of rain. Every day the buds get a bit bigger on the trees, giving a reddish cast to the hills that promises green will be along in another couple of weeks. I keep looking ahead to the opening of the farmer's markets I hope to visit this summer:
  • Barre - May 12
  • Kendall Square - June 1
  • Coventry, CT - June 1
  • Worcester Westside - June 12

No comments: