- Sorted through the toy boxes, putting like with like
- Did a lot of laundry, including the lake stuff
- Whittled down the stack of magazines that was overflowing the basket
- Made sandwich bread for the first time in forever
- Made chocolate chip cookies and chocolate-macadamia-nut cookies
- Made lemon cake
- Made cheese scones
- Threw away some clutter (every little bit helps, right?)
- Cleaned out L's dresser
- Cleaned out my workout clothes drawer
- Partially vacuumed
- Got L a haircut, a lunchbox, and some pants that fit for school
- Cleaned the kitchen
Not sure what wisdom I'm getting out of this--perhaps that I do better when I concentrate on one or two things at a time, instead of spreading myself over six--which is one of those "insights" that merits a resounding "duh." Though it might mean that if I want to be a writer in my off time as well as the work week, I need to hire a cleaning service. And a cook.
Tomorrow is the last day of August. I keep thinking about Christmas... it'll be here before I know it, always is. Time to start making a baking plan! Wish lists for the kids! Schedule! Hm, wait, maybe I should do Thanksgiving first....