Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jamaican Chicken Stew - Bringing Back an Old Fave

This used to be a staple in our household, something I probably made once a month. It's been years now, for one reason or another, but last night I brought it out of retirement to general acclaim. In fact, it tasted better than I remembered, possibly because I'm using higher quality spices these days. It's a bright and tasty one-dish meal, and since it relies entirely on pantry ingredients, it's easy to put together on a weeknight or at short notice. It also doubles nicely, and makes good leftovers.

I really do need to start taking pictures, this is the most boring-looking blog ever....

No comments: