Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chicken Run

The Netflix subscription is having its hoped-for effect; pizza-and-a-movie night is becoming a semi-regular event, giving me both excuses to make pizza (which I love to do) and a chance to finally see movies that I've been meaning to get around to for years and years.

Such as Chicken Run. There's a thousand sites out there that can tell you the plot, so all I want to say is that we thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was wondering up to the end just how things were going to fall out (I mean, I knew the chickens were going to win, but just how that would happen I wasn't certain of). The movie gets full marks for style, humor, and likeability. I think L liked it, too, at least I'm pretty sure that she said she wanted to watch it again on Sunday.


JJ is old enough now to be mesmerized by the TV, making it occasionally difficult to give him supper (one reason I love our place's open floor plan, I can sit with him by his high chair at the kitchen table and still watch the movie). He had some sort of Gerber mac and cheese for dinner and seemed to like it okay, but we need to put him on regular table foods (hoping to avoid what we're going through with his sister...). He had a rough night, and is up now, so I'm going to have to cut this short!

No comments: