Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Chock-Full Chicken Noodle Soup

Another old stand-by. There's not a lot to say about this -- or perhaps there is, but I'm very tired, after JJ had another rough night battling his tummy virus -- but it's a good, sturdy chicken soup that you can certainly embellish or subtract from as you like. The only change I make to this is that I sauté the onion, carrots, and celery together. Sometimes I leave out the spinach. I use Better Than Boullion these days when I don't have my own stock (which is most of the time); do be careful with the amount, or it will end up oversalted.

Chock-Full Chicken Noodle Soup

The weather has gotten very cold again; it was 18 degrees when I left Worcester, and I trotted a good bit of the distance from the parking lot to the office. Supposed to warm up a bit over the next couple of days, I believe, and then we plunge in the gloom of February. Hopeful enthusiasm over the presidential inauguration aside, it's a difficult time of year. Spring seems a long way away, but the calendar is bare of any closer anticipations.

Admittedly, things will probably look a lot better to me once the kid is back on his feet.

No comments: