Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chicken in Red Wine Sauce with Root Vegetables and Wilted Greens (whew)

I mean, I get that it's not quite the same thing as coq au vin, but couldn't they come up with a shorter name? I forgot to take a picture, but there's one on epicurious, so you needn't feel bereft if you really need to know what this dish looks like. The important thing is that it tasted great for very, very little effort. Given that we were getting another storm on Wednesday, I was working at home. Threw the marinade together in the morning, started cooking around five, and had dinner ready a little after six. Other than L's meltdown at the sight of her plate, the meal was entirely successful.

Needless to say, I didn't make this exactly as written (do I ever?), but I don't think my changes were significant enough to write up. I served it with some corn bread (the recipe on the back of the canister), for which I have had a serious hankering lately. I suspect that what I really want is to make chili, but I didn't have the things on hand for that. Will probably make some this weekend.

I have started leaving the subjects off my sentences. Time to get off the blog and on to something else....

No comments: