Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Warm-Weather Pastas

The heat wave broke last night around 11:30, with thunder, lightning, and rain that sounded like surf was hitting the house, which trembled slightly with each gust of wind. For the past couple of nights I've been making things that didn't take a lot of cooking. Not coincidentally, they're also packed with veggies.

Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Feta Vinaigrette is an old standby, something I've been making every summer for years now. You can be as fancy or restrained as you want with add-ins; we had some good asparagus, so I sauteed that and added it into the mix.

Warm Bow-Tie Pasta Salad was a new one, and I think I'd make it again. The mushrooms give it some oomph.

I threw together some Couscous Salad with Chickpeas and Tomatoes to have for lunches this week--another standby, and one I've posted about here before.

Summer is here!

No comments: