Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strawberries, and a Cucumber

Those were my first farmer's market purchases of the year--the Kendall Square Market is open now, and I made it over there on my way back from the bank today. The other woman in line with me bought some tomatoes after being assured that they were locally grown. I looked long and hard at basil plants but held off. If they're still there next week I'll probably end up with one or two for the windowsill.

There were only a handful of vendors--Lunni Orchard, an organic place selling the potted herbs, a woman selling fresh mozzarella, a bread place, one or two others--and there wasn't much by way of actual food yet, but it was delight to see and smell.

No comments: