Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, June 9, 2008

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

With temperatures in the 90s, look for warm-weather recipes here! A morning trip to the grocery store was my one venture outside yesterday. I had this recipe in mind as something I might want to make again while we're at the lake this summer. It cooks quickly and can be made ahead if that's a consideration.

Pulled Chicken Sandwiches

Northerner that I am, I have no idea how well this compares to other recipes for pulled meats, but I like it. Sweet sauce, rich meat, soft white rolls... it's easy to eat too much of. When corn is in season, obviously go for that, but when it's not I tend to serve this alongside a cucumber salad with rice wine vinegar for a cool contrast.

No comments: