Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, June 6, 2008

Pasta Primavera

There are as many recipes for pasta primavera as there are cooks. It is one of the handful of dishes I often make without a recipe any more, since it is ultimately flexible, but if you'd like one, here's a good starting point. I had to use broccoli, since the asparagus at the store was appalling.

L did not eat anything in this dish, but she did fork up a piece of pasta and look critically at it, and she picked up a pea. We're all about the tiny steps with her and food.

Also, D sent me a couple of links about the locavore movement: An Experiment in Brooklyn-Style Subsistence Farming, in which a clueless n00b tries to feed himself for a month on what he can grow in his own backyard and learns many things the hard way, and There Will Be Chicken Blood, which is about, well, slaughtering chickens.

Vegetarian pizza sounds good right about now.

No comments: