Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Zucchini, Sausage, and Feta Casserole

Another Wednesday, another casserole--and a soup, as in a frenzy of being-preparedness I put together two dinners in a half hour or so. I'll probably post the soup tomorrow.

I am starting to grok casseroles. After all of these years of cooking, something is finally gelling in my brain, to the point where I now look at recipes as a class rather than distinct things in themselves, understanding their common features. There was a time when I would have gone out and bought ziti for this recipe, rather than using a reasonable substitute that I had on hand.

Having sausage in it, this recipe met with considerable approval. The mozzarella didn't really add much, though, and I'd skip it next time.

Zucchini, Sausage, and Feta Casserole

In other food news, Le Cordon Bleu has opened up a school right next to my office. The linked article is from 2005, but they just put the sign up last week, so I wonder if there were some delays in the project?

The cafe down the row from us is supposed to open this month, too, assuming cooperation from the city with regard to permits. Still no bagels, though....

No comments: