Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, April 20, 2008

An Italian Dinner with Leftovers in Mind

Last week my father-in-law broke his ankle. I spent part of Friday cooking, and on Saturday we went to visit them, bringing food (it's the thing to do, right?). They got to see the grandkids, and we got to see them, and it was a pretty nice time, considering. The weather was beautiful, the kids behaved (until it was time to leave, at least). We brought:
And a couple of different kinds of bread, naturally. I patted myself on the back for not driving myself crazy, but picking things that require little prep work and attention while cooking.

Today is going to be busy--all the stuff that we normally do on the weekend and didn't get a chance to do yesterday, plus car shopping. This week is going to be busy--a couple of late days at work in the offing.

In fact, as I sit here looking at the next few weeks, and months, I think we're going to be busy from now through New Years....

No comments: