Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just Another One of Those Days....

In the throes of car hunting, our current car's windshield picked up a rock. We're hoping it can be fixed, not replaced, and that the insurance company won't freak out that we have a claim so soon before we trade the darned thing.

L. came down with a mild cold the other day, which she is generously passing around the family. I suppose we may as well get used to this before she starts preschool.

On the day I was planning to make pasta, the city decided to flush out the water pipes, resulting in a distinctly orange-colored liquid even after filtering. We had leftovers instead.

But it's spring, and life could be a lot worse. For lunch today I made what I had been planning to make for dinner last night: Cavatappi with Spinach, Beans, and Asiago Cheese. It's in the 70s here today and this really hit the spot--it has oomph, so you know you've eaten something, but it's full of good things, and you don't feel guilty for enjoying a big bowl.

No comments: