Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, April 21, 2008

Bistro Roast Chicken

Car shopping yesterday took up far more of the day than I had hoped it would, and this is not a quick dish to make, but I had already thawed the chicken and didn't have anything else ready to go.

This is quite possibly my favorite chicken recipe. The seasoning and basic method can be used with any bone-in chicken parts (or whole chickens, or turkey for that matter). It's dependable, and better than it has any right to be for something so easy. I like to make it with potatoes, though I have not mastered pommes frites. It's my default dish for company when I'm not sure about their tastes, and for weekends at home when I have time to spend in the kitchen and want that wonderful roasting smell.

2 comments:

80sGamerGeek said...

This reminds me of the Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from your old site, which has been probably my favorite chicken recipe for years. After I discovered it, I started routinely roasting garlic as a spread for bread. It's so danged yummy.

Rebecca said...

I actually don't do the garlic the way they say to in the recipe; I mince it finely and make it part of the seasoning paste. Less trouble that way.

40 Clove Chicken remains a fave; I probably make it two or three times a year.