Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

As I was driving to work this morning the phrase "non-digital cats" happened through my mind, which immediately veered into wondering if there were such things as analog cats, and quickly concluded that yes, there are degrees of cat-ness.

One of our non-digital cats woke me up at 3:30 this morning by issuing a short series of alarming howls, which invariably means that he's about to throw up, which he then did. Two hours later, I was on my way to work. I have, by the way, found a personal threshold: $3.50 gas is where I start driving a bit more slowly. I appear to be the only one on the Pike who feels this way, though.

The week has seen a cracked windshield, a family-wide cold virus, and several days with minimal water use due to plumbing problems (so much for my menus!). On the other hand, I had my annual review, which was overall favorable (at my age I'd be pretty surprised if anyone found a character flaw I don't already know about). And I got a raise! A non-analog cat is in order:


The weekend will more than likely consist entirely of car shopping and cleaning (assuming we have water again...). I can live with that.

No comments: