Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, March 26, 2009

True-Life Nature Adventure

We use that phrase for any unusual wildlife encounters, and even for those that aren't that unusual. Yesterday as I crossed the bus lane to the pedestrian underpass at Lechmere, headed for the commuter parking lot, I happened to look across the street and saw a bird coming in for a landing. It took me a moment to realize that it was much bigger than a pigeon. A moment later, a second came along, and the first one swooped off--I was too slow to get a shot of that one flying, but managed to snap a couple of pictures of the one still perched on the corner of the Monitor building.


I'm not sure anyone else on the street even noticed them. And was anyone having a meeting in that room...?

No comments: