Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Last night was pizza-and-a-movie night at Chez Moi, and the Netflix delivery was something I've been meaning to see for ages, having liked everything they've ever done. I was mildly apprehensive about how well W&G would take to the longer timespan, but the movie was sans filler and, as hoped, an absolute delight in just about every way.

My only teensy tiny quibble was that the beginning reused (albeit in expanded form) some of the gadget stuff from A Close Shave, which I've never seen them do before. Well, that and Hutch parrotting, "I do like a bit of gorgonzola!" when he has clearly just eaten a Swiss-type cheese, but I admit that's verging on lunacy.

Anyway. It was an excellent film, funny and enjoyable even for those (like me) who have only the briefest prior experience with classic horror. Grommit should have an animation school named after him, or something, since as usual his expressions were worth more than most people's dialog.

No comments: