Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Yesterday I got a crit on the entire Book 1 draft. It was from someone whose work I had read a week or so back (we had agreed to do a swap); I was very impressed by her writing, and so nervous about what she might think of mine that I went off and did housework instead of reading her feedback.

This morning I finally opened the file. She wasn't shy about pointing out the problems, but she also said such positive things that I am in, I don't know, a state of shock? This is someone who is under no obligation to be nice to me, offering an opinion that I am capable of writing publishable work*, that the novel has issues but it also has merit. I am either going to cry or sing. :)

*It does not of course follow that it ever will be, but hey -- can't hurt.

No comments: