Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, May 25, 2008

"You're wasting perfectly good sticks!"

So one of the neighbor kids reproved another for pushing them out onto the pond yesterday afternoon. It was an unusual day in that D was out all day; it's not often that I have the kids to myself for that long a stretch, and I tried to prepare myself for a chaotic and exhausting time. But it worked out pretty well. We went to the playground and the grocery store in the morning, and in the afternoon went out in the back yard. It was a warm and gorgeous morning, but as the day advanced clouds moved in and a breeze picked up. I kept thinking it was about to rain, but it never did. I even got a few things done around the apartment, including hauling out and washing off the high chair, which was stuck in the broom closet the day L outgrew it and has been collecting dust there ever since.

Sorry for the lack of posting lately; last week was nigh-hellish with late days at work and lots of missed sleep due to JJ, who also got us about four times in a three-hour period last night, and sounds like he's about to get up for real now. I haven't had the energy to cook in days, but this week should be getting back on track.

No comments: