Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rigatoni with Spicy Sausage-Tomato Sauce, Arugula, and Parmesan

One of the things I had a chance to do during our recent travels was catch up on my food magazines, neglected for a couple of weeks during the car shopping blitz. This recipe is nothing special, and it takes a bit more time to cook than I would want for a weeknight when I have to drive home from the office, but it's easy, and anything with sausage is pretty good.

rigatoni with spicy sausage-tomato sauce, arugula, and parmesan

I might add that my Shaws did not have any arugula (which is not the Firefox spellchecker, either). Too highfalutin, I suppose, so I used spinach. And their fresh basil was some of the saddest-looking stuff I have ever seen, so I used the last of my dried. Time for another Penzey's order! I only used one pound of sausage, and that was plenty--Bon Appetit tends to be a bit overenthusiastic about meat portioning.

I must also note that after several months of due consideration, I am not a fan of the magazine's restyled look. But past experience suggests that I should only have to put up with it for five years or thereabouts before they change it again, assuming that they still have a print edition at all by then.

No comments: