Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another "loosely inspired by..." recipe

I had clipped the recipe for farfalle with chicken, tomatoes, caramelized onions, and goat cheese from the new issue of Bon Appetit. With the changes I had to make, it doesn't even seem like the same recipe.
  • I didn't have a reason to buy a whole rotisserie chicken
  • There's no heirloom tomatoes in these parts for probably two more months
  • There's no basil, either - I even managed to run out of dried!
So what I did was cook the onions, then sauteed some boneless chicken breast (cut up small) in olive oil. To that, I added a can of basil-and-garlic diced tomatoes, added the onions back in with some chicken broth (I didn't have any white wine, either - shocking, I realize), let it all simmer for a bit. Since this obviously wasn't going to be any kind of salad, I added the spinach to the sauce, stirred in some big chunks of goat cheese, and voila.

It was excellent.

No comments: