Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring Trip 2008 Day 3: Erie

JJ slept through the night this time, which was more than I did due to the lingering neck pain. Note to self: whatever did that, don't do it again! He got up at 6, so I did too. I did a bit of work on a D&D campaign I'm thinking about running, maybe next year.

Everyone was up early, some less pleased about it than others. The weather had cleared up and gotten colder. L was tired and clingy all morning, but she perked up a bit after lunch (a sort of quiche from an ancient Bisquick recipe). JJ played, napped, played, and napped some more.

In the afternoon, we went to visit my grandparents, in the house in which they have lived for nearly forty years. It's a little strange seeing a place that was such an important part of my childhood, now visited once or twice a year but virtually unchanged in most of its details. The room my sister and I stayed in when we used to spend the night with them, once my uncles, still looks just the same as it always has.

My sister and her family were there as well, four generations around the table. We had a thoroughly enjoyable visit, a lovely dinner, and the kids behaved reasonably well, although Lydia wasn't hungry (too wound up again) and watched Shrek while the rest of us ate. We left reluctantly when dark had nearly fallen.

No comments: