Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chicken with Fresh Herbs and Sherry Wine Vinegar

This is another one of those "loosely inspired by" the recipe dinners. I am not about to spend $10 on fresh herbs for one meal (dried were subbed), and I did this on the stovetop since I was concerned about the idea of putting a sheet pan over the burners as directed. I oversalted it a bit, but the sauce was quite acceptable and the chicken was tender. We had rice pilaf and steamed carrots with it.

Chicken with Fresh Herbs and Sherry Wine Vinegar

This was my first time using those Perdue Perfect Portions, which my Shaws has just started carrying. I think it's a great idea, though I'm not normally a fan of Perdue. Mostly I buy Shaws "Wild Harvest" stuff, but their supply is dreadfully inconsistent, so I don't mind having a few well-packaged chicken breasts in the freezer.

Last night during dinner, JJ invented the "drop something and daddy picks it up for me, and I smile and drop it again" game. This morning he is playing the "put a toy over my face and then wiggle frantically until mommy takes it away" game.

No comments: