Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, January 17, 2011

Writing Update

Important step on that "real writer" business today--I sent off a query email to an agent. Still makes me feel sick, but it has to get done.

Last night I finally opened the two crits I have on the first chapter of Fury's Flight, and found some very useful commentary and suggestions. I will probably have to axe the initial scene, but it's only a couple of pages. Better than axing 16 years of backstory like I had to last time.

I've started writing down the FF plot on index cards, looking for places I can add to it. There's a lot of digging to do if I'm going to make it the book I think it could be. For the moment, I think I will try to just get all of the events in place.

No comments: