Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, January 7, 2011

Water Tracks


Today was my first visit to North Station since they redid it (several years ago now, I believe). I was pleasantly surprised. Waiting for the Green Line over to Lechmere with the intent of treating myself to Finagle a Bagel, I was drawn toward the tracks, where the water that had pooled between them looked like a window, not a reflection. I didn't manage to get a shot that picked up on that before the train arrived. There were only three other people waiting. I couldn't even tell you the last time I took a Green Line train.

Walking down First Street, I made my usual stop to look in the window at David's Shoes, and the usual promise to myself that someday I will buy some cool boots. At least, it used to by my usual stop, back when I parked the car up in the commuter lot there; I haven't been by since we moved. Continuing on, my nose going numb from the 20 degree temperatures, I decided that I liked it that way, that I really wouldn't want it to be warm all the time.

The bagel was quite good, also.

No comments: