Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goal Roundup: March

Wow, that went quickly! It's been a pretty good month for the goals.
  • Financial: On track.
  • Health: Managed to fit weight-lifting in three weeks out of four, made it the gym despite weather and feeling lousy.
  • Food: Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics. This goal slipped a lot this month; part of that is due to the Shaws strike. We're trying to respect the picketing, so I've been cooking from the pantry more than usual, shopping at unfamiliar stores, and sticking to "tried and true" menus. I'll be trying some new things for Easter this weekend, though.
  • Reading: The Blade Itself (new), The Story of the Stone (reread), The Salmon of Doubt (reread), The City and the City (new). I've been listening to a podcast of Persuasion at the gym and a book about Plato's Republic in the car. Feeling good about this one.
  • Writing: Re-revised the first two chapters based on crit group feedback and continue to struggle onwards. My original goal of having a draft of Book 3 at this point in the year has been abandoned; changes in book 1 are likely to ripple into 2, so not much sense getting that far ahead now.
  • Birthdays: None this month.
The rain has ended, and though it's still overcast out there it's distinctly warmer than it has been. Forward into spring!

No comments: