Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, June 26, 2009

Stuff My Mom Makes II

I quite like cooking breakfast, but I hardly ever get to do it. No one else in my family seems to be big on the meal, except for special occasions. Sometimes they don't eat it at all, a fact that never fails to boggle my mind, since I not only absolutely require something solid for breakfast but a sustaining snack around 10. On Sundays, lately, I've been making pancakes, which is always nice. One thing that I would like to make more of some day is quiche. I will not, however, make it when my mother is visiting, because I feel that would be rude: broccoli quiche is the one real food tradition we have going on our visits to her house.

Here it is.

Zucchini or Broccoli Quiche Pie

3 c grated zucchini or broccoli
1/2 c oil
1/2 c Parmesan
4 eggs
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 c sharp cheddar, grated
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 c Bisquick

Mix all ingredients. Place in a large pie pan or casserole dish. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
We unfailingly eat the entire thing. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: