Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kendall Square Farmer's Maket is Open!


I went over with another writer during a brief break between my morning meeting and the departmental lunch. There were a handful of vendors there, mostly of prepared foods and people selling potted herbs, but Lanni Farms were there, bless 'em, and I bought a couple bunches of asparagus and a basket of strawberries which, I was told, had been picked a mere two hours previously. I was even happier than I thought I would be at the sight.

The asparagus went into that night's dinner, and we nibbled the berries while I cooked. Summer is on the way!

No comments: