Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, June 8, 2009

June Supper Club: Fruit

It seems that we are going to try to keep the club going, though perhaps going down to bi-monthly meetings--at least, we're skipping July, given how busy everyone is at the start of that month.

The theme this month was Fruit, and this was our menu:
  • Me: Appetizer, Watermelon and Kiwi Skewers. I had actually had in mind another recipe I saw, but was then unable to find -- I think it had poppy seeds in the "sauce."
  • D: Chicken with apricot. The chicken turned out tender and just a bit sweet, very good. And a green salad.
  • F: Potato salad with, um, lots of other things, I remember grape tomatoes, raisins, and olives.
  • H: Orange rolls.
  • K: Not sure what this was called, it was a sort of eggless bread pudding with pineapple. Very sweet, we all agreed that it could have done duty for dessert. Which she also brought, a tart strewn with blueberries and raspberries and was, I think, the high point of the meal.
Not sure yet what we'll do in August, perhaps all go out to eat somewhere. It was nice to see everyone and have some time away from the apartment, after a day otherwise spent baking and cleaning (I know, a beautiful day and I spent the vast majority of it inside? We did go out to Elm Park on Saturday, where I got a slight sunburn).

No comments: