Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, January 3, 2014

New year. Now what?

It's 2 degrees Fahrenheit out there and snowing. 

What do people blog about when they're not actively writing a book? I'm so early in the research phase for the new one that I can't say much about it. I don't feel any need to pontificate on the deep questions facing genre literature today. My oven is still broken, so despite the prospect of a snow day stuck in the apartment, I can't do any baking. We're only three days into the new year, so goal accountability seems kinda silly.

One of the new things I am trying this year is Austin Kleon's logbook idea. I journal sporadically, but have never successfully made it into a daily habit. Might be interesting to just jot down a few things regularly over the course of a year and see what happens. Any excuse to buy a new notebook.

No comments: