Can't ask for much better than that.
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
6 to 8 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups (1 qt.) homemade or low-salt chicken broth
6 oz. fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
14 oz. canned diced tomatoes, with their liquid
10 oz. spinach, washed and stemmed; coarsely chopped if larger
8 to 10 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 min.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook halfway, about 5 min. for frozen pasta, less if using fresh.
- Add the tomatoes and their liquid, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook just until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and basil and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 min.
- Serve sprinkled with the grated cheese.
From Fine Cooking