Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant

This was one of those "I have x, let me do a search..." recipes. I bought a couple of eggplants on a whim at the farmer's market on Friday, without much of a thought as to what I would do with them. Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant turned out to be a pretty good thing. Not a great thing--it takes a little longer to make than I like on a weeknight, and there's a couple of things I would change if I made it again.

For one, my eggplants were way too small. Even though I cut back on the amount of filling, there was a lot of it left over after I stuffed my little purpling darlings. For two, there was bit too much going on in the filling. Next time I might cut back on the number of vegetable types involved, and let just a couple of them shine a bit more. The feta, on the other hand, was an excellent inclusion. I could have used more of it than I did.

All told, a qualified keeper.

No comments: