Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Garden Pasta

So you went to the farmer's market and you have all this... stuff... on your counter. Sqash, peppers, onions, herbs, and you're not sure what to do with it. Dishes like Summer Garden Pasta are susceptible to a thousand variations--more of a method than a recipe. You can use any firm veggies you have on hand, just cut them so they take about the same time to cook, and any herbs (I have a ton of gorgeous basil right now, so used that), and any pasta, and you'll have a quick, healthy meal on the table. And there's no reason you can't add some chicken or beans or something if you must.

It's a surprisingly chilly day here in Worcester, and I'm glad I have soup on the menu tonight.

No comments: