Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Need a Mental Shakeup?

One of the books I've been reading for work recently is CTRL-Shift, a collection of improv games for working life. I've had it for a while and flipped through it often, but there hasn't seemed like a good time to try any of the suggestions in it -- not enough time or other resources, usually.

Today, though, felt like a "stuck" day, and I was in a terrible mood, so I tried the acronym game. This involves nothing more elaborate than writing down acronyms that one encounters in daily life and thinking up new meanings for them.

I don't know how "useful" it was, but the exercise in silliness broke up some of the clouds on my mood.

No comments: