Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Need a Mental Shakeup?

One of the books I've been reading for work recently is CTRL-Shift, a collection of improv games for working life. I've had it for a while and flipped through it often, but there hasn't seemed like a good time to try any of the suggestions in it -- not enough time or other resources, usually.

Today, though, felt like a "stuck" day, and I was in a terrible mood, so I tried the acronym game. This involves nothing more elaborate than writing down acronyms that one encounters in daily life and thinking up new meanings for them.

I don't know how "useful" it was, but the exercise in silliness broke up some of the clouds on my mood.

2 comments:

kavya said...

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog.
Thank you for sharing with us, I too always learn something new from your post like
packers and movers in Ernakulam and
Packers and Movers in Kochi
please visit

deepika said...

I’m really happy to say it was an interesting post to read. I learned new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Continue

best web development company



mobile app development company NYC



website design and development company



Website development company NYC