Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Saturday, July 24, 2010

We made it!

Thursday was hectic, as all moving days are. Dinner: Bertucci's (again!). Yesterday was slightly less so, but still really busy. I am focusing on getting the kitchen unpacked. Visited our new grocery store, a Stop N Shop not far away. Looks like a nice place. The furniture store delivered the frame for L's bed (the rest of her stuff won't get here until Thursday) and the cable guy came by to set up our internet service. For our first cooked meal in the new place, I made chicken with Penzey's lemon-pepper, cauliflower, and couscous. So far the move's only casualty has been a coffee mug. The Bigfoot guys did a great job.

Today we are headed back to Worcester to clean the old apartment. Not exactly looking forward to it, but it has to get done. If I can unearth the rest of my kitchen stuff, I am hoping to bake something tomorrow.

No comments: