Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Almost There!

What a week it has been, and it's only Tuesday. To recap, with product placement:

On Saturday we drove in to "the city." A quick stop at the Harvard Book Store to unload a few more books, and then we were off to examine our new apartment in more detail than we had before, including measuring rooms and such. After lunch at Bertucci's we headed out to Natick and the fabled Jordans furniture store, so many of whose radio ads I have heard over the years. We had never been there before, and were somewhat floored by the sheer showmanship of the place. In short order we found a couch, a TV stand, and a bed for our daughter, then retreated from the sales onslaught. More packing followed.

Sunday morning was the last day for church in Worcester. I cleaned the oven, did laundry, and packed. In the afternoon, one of my co-workers visited to pick up a bookcase we are offloading on her, and then we headed back to Rotmans (which is a lot quieter than their competition) to finish our furniture shopping, which consisted of a mattress and dresser for L. More packing.

Monday I took the afternoon off. Stopped at Petco to get a new litter box for Jasper, drove home, took L over to the store to pick up her cake, and did more packing. In the evening was her birthday party at Pump It Up. It was a short guest list, but the kids all had a good time, with only one episode of tears (when one child wanted a balloon that someone else had already picked out). By the time it wrapped up, we were all pretty well exhausted. Drove home through a sky that threatened to unleash a thunderstorm at any moment but never did, though it was a gorgeously dramatic frame for the sunset.

Tuesday has been pretty quiet, but then I'm at the office, doing normal things, wondering if I'll manage to finish up the kitchen packing tonight and if I'll need to take another half day tomorrow.

I am so, so, so ready for this to be over and done with. I want my life back!

No comments: