Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, April 3, 2009

Chipotle Sloppy Joes

I could not tell you the last time I had a sloppy joe--probably the last church supper I attended, which puts it back, oh, about twenty years--and I have never made one before in my life. So I have no idea what possessed me to make this recipe. I guess I wanted to make something different?

Chipotle Sloppy Joes

I'll definitely be making these again. The chipotle adds just enough punch--they'd be kind of dull without it. I used red pepper instead of green, because all the green peppers at my store looked about two weeks old (ugh). Caramelize the onions a bit, and the result, while maybe not fit for a dinner party, is something I wouldn't be shy about serving friends.

L didn't want any meat, but she did put her sliced peppers and cucumbers between the bun halves and ate it like a sandwich; I don't think she's ever done that before. We're always greatly encouraged when she tries a new dinner behavior.

No comments: