Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Supper Club: In Memory

OK, so I am way behind on my blogging. The kids have been passing a cold and a stomach bug around, which cut into the time I had hoped to use for catching up over the weekend.

The first overdue entry has to be our most recent supper club meeting. There was (and is) uncertainty about whether the group will keep meeting, but we all made it to Framingham at least one more time for a dinner in memory of our departed friend Pam, who organized the group and whose laughter and forthright manner added so much joy to our meetings. We made some of her favorite foods. Her daughter and mother joined us, and after dinner passed along a few of Pam's cookbooks. It was a good meal and a good way to remember her, but we are all still very sad.

I made an angel food cake--my first one ever.


It turned out perfectly, but I wish I hadn't had to make it for this occasion.

No comments: