Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Slow, slow, slow

Still working on that second thousand words. I hope that once I get through revising this first scene, this will feel less like engraving stone. I'm pretty sure it's a better scene than it was the first time around, so that's something.

In random other news, one of my goals for this year was to lose ten pounds, and I actually did it! I'd like to repeat this trick next year. Perhaps counter-productively, I've been trying to get back into baking, especially bread. As was perhaps inevitable, I've drifted away from the fandom pursuits that were taking up a lot of my time last year. Prolonged observation has cemented my suspicion that I'll never really belong to that kind of community. I did "meet" some nice people.

Today is rainy and cool, and I'm making cinnamon scones while I work on this scene. Life is good. 

No comments: