Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Saturday, November 19, 2011

30,000 Words Under the Sea

Or something like that. NaNoWriMo is... well, not exactly cruising along this year. It's been something of a struggle, though I've never been more than a day's wordcount behind. The story is pretty workmanlike at this point; I've got ideas for things I can do with it when the day comes to draft it properly--which I think I will do, though it's going to have to wait for Fury's Flight and then Go before it gets furnished. I could probably have just as well spent the time doing a proper outline and some research. On the other hand, I am coming up with some things along the way that I might not have if I were doing this more systematically. I guess I am halfway between pantsing and plotting.

No comments: