Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Heart of the Blogging Problem?

It may be that I don't have enough problems! I have the usual challenges of anyone with kids and a life, but there's nothing specific that I'm dealing with to provide a focus. I don't have to live on a low budget, cook gluten-free, avoid allergens, or get dinner on the table in 15 minutes or less (though it's always nice when I can). I know what I'm doing in the kitchen to a degree that satisfies me, and I don't want to be Thomas Keller.

I need more goals.

2 comments:

80sGamerGeek said...

I always liked your food posts. I've taken more than a couple of recipes from you (here and in your old Asymmetry site).

I get your point though. I've toyed with the idea of starting a blog now and then, but I just don't have any topics (problems or interests) focused enough to be interesting to readers or to sustain a blog for any length of time.

Rebecca said...

Thanks! I'm going to keep the site going, but it's likely to remain, well, unfocused. :)