Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Monday, October 27, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Three weeks ago, we had an unexpectedly enormous vet bill; in the interests of continuing to save for our hoped-for house, we put a tight rein on most grocery spending. I've been doing a lot of pantry meals and no new recipes at all.

Last Wednesday was my big deadline for the year, so I wouldn't have had much time to cook anyway. But that's all over and done with, all tasks marked "complete" in our tracking system, and everything is wonderful except....

That same day, my oven died. I am still waiting for my landlord to get it fixed.

So basically, the Chaos Creatures have been romping through my life lately and making it impossible to get any real cooking in. I did get to spend some time this past weekend going through my "holiday" file, picking out things I'd like to try this season. So here's hoping that things get a little bit better, very soon!

No comments: