Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where We've Been

Appalling lack of posting here, for which I apologize to anyone actually reading this. Having the internet connection in the office/nursery/guest room is something of a problem when one actually has a guest occupying the room. My mom arrived on Saturday from PA to spend a few days with us while we celebrated L's fourth birthday, and even though we didn't really do anything, it was surprisingly hard to find time.

Part of this is because while we were out shopping for birthday presents on Sunday, I picked up a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle, which ended up entirely obsessing us (we finished it last night!). Other than that, we had some unexpected trouble with her car and with one of our computers, which ate up some time. D had a trip to make into Boston to visit people there, so we spent a day without a car. And on Tuesday evening it became clear that L was coming down with a cold (what a birthday present...), so aside from the obligatory visit to the quilt shop so my mom could add yet another project to her list, we just played with the kids and hung around yesterday.

I will be posting the recipe I used for L's cake, because it is hands-down the best chocolate cake I have ever made. I just need to find the time to type it!

No comments: