Home - is where I want to be / But I guess I'm already there /I come home -
she lifted up her wings /
Guess that this must be the place...
- Talking Heads, "Naive Melody"

Friday, June 20, 2008

Penne, Crispy Tofu, and Green Bean Salad

An unlikely-sounding combination, perhaps, but in my recent trawl for hot-weather main dishes this one seemed like a good bet. Since I was making it after work, we had it warm (the weather has gotten far more decent since last week, so this was not a problem) and agreed that it was a pretty good effort. I find myself entirely unable to brown tofu without it sticking to everything in sight, however.

JJ is still not sleeping well, but I think his tooth is breaking through; perhaps after that finally happens he (and we) will get a bit of relief. We're thinking about heading up to Marlboro to scope out neighborhoods this weekend, and I might finally break down and get a new toaster, since ours has just ruined another bagel.

No comments: